This is a One Of A Kind Korean Hornbeam
This tree arrived at the nursery a few weeks ago, from a private collector. I'm not sure if this tree was imported many moon ago, but it's at NEBG now. This is one of the collectors many great and unique trees available for sale and/or on display at the nursery.
The Korean Hornbeam, also known as Carpinus coreana, is a deciduous tree that is native to Korea, Japan, and China. It is a popular choice for bonsai due to its fine branching, attractive bark, and small leaves.
The leaves of the Korean Hornbeam bonsai are typically small and oval-shaped, with a bright green color that turns a vibrant yellow or orange in the fall. The bark of the tree is smooth and grayish-brown in color, with a subtle texture that becomes more pronounced as the tree ages.
The trunk of the Korean Hornbeam bonsai is typically thick and sturdy, with a shape that is often irregular or twisted to give the tree character. The tree can grow up to 40-50 feet tall in its natural state.
To care for an Imported Korean Hornbeam bonsai, it is important to provide it with well-draining soil and plenty of sunlight. The tree should be watered regularly but not excessively, and fertilized during the growing season. Pruning and wiring can also be used to shape the tree and encourage growth in certain areas.
Overall, the Korean Hornbeam bonsai is a beautiful and adaptable tree that is well-suited to bonsai cultivation. Its attractive leaves, fine branching, and distinctive bark make it a popular choice for bonsai enthusiasts of all levels.
NOTE: This is a large tree. We would prefer local pickup, but it's possible to ship. Shipping cost is listed at $150. If the cost is more or less, we will notify you to collect or reimburse.
About The Tree
- Height: 28" tall, measured from the table to the top of tree.
- Spread: 21"
- Pot: 17" Ceramic pot
- Photographed on August 31, 2023
- Ships from our Massachusetts Nursery
The Tree(s) you see are the tree(s) you'll receive.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the NEBG.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery. We will Hold Your Tree Until It is Safe to Ship.
*** This is an expensive Bonsai. We've likely been watering, fertilizing, pruning, and weeding this tree for a long time. Once this tree leaves our facility, watering, fertilizing, etc is beyond our control. If you buy this bonsai, we assume you're a responsible person and that you know what you are purchasing. THEREFORE - The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that NEBG makes no warranties once the Product leaves our nursery. All One-Of-A-Kind Trees are listed AND sold “as is”. Sales are considered final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered in any instance. NEBG assumes no responsibility for the health and welfare of the products after they leave our nursery. Please ask care questions prior to buying, if you are unsure.