18+ Year Old Itoigawa Juniper
"Itoigawa" Juniper Pre-Bonsai 11" Grow pot, - Juniperus Chinensis Itoigawa
These 18+ year old Itoigawa were grown in bonsai pots. They are NOT young cuttings.
- This Juniper is 17" tall, measured from the table to the top of tree. The spread is 17"
- It ships in a 11" grow pot
- Trunk Size: 1 1/4"
The Tree(s) you see are the tree(s) you'll receive.
"Itoigawa" Juniper Bonsai, is one of the most sought after Juniper in Japan for their unique soft cloud like foliage. The trunks also lend themselves to natural shari. The Itoigawa is native to Japan, the Kurile Islands and the Itoigawa peninsula. Its natural habit is prostrate and it prefers rocky, well-drained soils. In its natural range, it is most often found growing near the sea. The foliage is needle-like on young trees and scale-like on older trees. The fruit is a small, hard, bluish berry.
Wiring is best done in autumn or early winter, so that the branches can become accustomed to their new position while the tree is dormant. Wiring done at other times must be watched carefully for signs of wire cutting into the bark, and must be removed immediately if this happens. If necessary, the tree can be re-wired after removing the old wire.
Re-potting is best done in spring. Junipers can also be re-potted in autumn if necessary, since they enter a period of renewed root growth at that time. Extensive root pruning in autumn is probably not a good idea, however.
Pines and other conifers grow in association with a symbiotic fungus which grows in the root ball of the tree. If this fungus is not present, the tree may die. For this reason, pines and other conifers should never be bare-rooted.
We Can NOT Ship Junipers to California.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the New England Bonsai Gardens.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery. We will Hold Your Tree Until It is Safe to Ship.
*** This is an expensive Bonsai. We've likely been watering, fertilizing, pruning, and weeding this tree for a long time. Once this tree leaves our facility, watering, fertilizing, etc is beyond our control. If you buy this bonsai, we assume you're a responsible person and that you know what you are purchasing. THEREFORE - The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Bonsai Outlet makes no warranties once the Product leaves our nursery. All One-Of-A-Kind Trees are listed AND sold “as is”. Sales are considered final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered in any instance. Bonsai Outlet assumes no responsibility for the health and welfare of the products after they leave our nursery. Please ask care questions prior to buying, if you are unsure.