Seats are available! Please call the nursery to reserve a spot or Reserve Online.
The Brazilian Rain Tree has delicate branches featuring tiny light-green compound leaves and spines. The leaves fold up at night or in subdued light and unfolds in the morning light. Some have attractive flowers that appear as fragrant white puffy blossoms. They’re beautiful.
We’re fortunate to have Dr. Luis Carreiro, MD host this workshop. He’s an expert Brazilian Rain Tree artist and has one of the most beautiful Bonsai you will ever see. In fact, his Brazilian Rain Tree won the people’s choice award in 2015.
Workshop participants will learn the history of the Brazilian Rain Tree in the US, how to prune, design, and care for their Bonsai.
- Attendee Cost: $55 per student
- Duration: 10am – 2pm. Please arrive a few minutes early.
Included with Workshop:
- Experienced instructor
- Refreshments & snack (water, soda, chips)
- Bonsai tools, soil, and wire to use in class
What’s NOT included:
- Bonsai Tree. Participants have preferences (small tree, large tree, flowering, etc.). Allowing participants to select their own tree works best.
- Bonsai Pot: Same as the tree, participants have color and shape preferences. It’s not included but we have thousands of pots to choose from.
Attendees Per Class: 8
Location: Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Upon completion of the Workshop, participants will go home with their own beautiful Bonsai, complete care instructions and the knowledge and confidence to keep it thriving.