- Brazilian Rain Tree Workshop (May 06, 2018)
Our resident expert Jun, handpicked beautiful Brazilian Rain Trees for us and we put some aside for this class. And if you know Jun, you know he picked the absolute best.
The Brazilian Rain Tree has delicate branches featuring tiny light-green compound leaves and spines. The leaves fold up at night or in subdued light and unfolds in the morning light. It has attractive flowers that appear as fragrant white puffy blossoms. They’re beautiful.
We’re fortunate to have Dr. Luis Carreiro, MD host this workshop. He’s an expert Brazilian Rain Trees artist and has one of the most beautiful bonsai you’ll ever see. In fact, his Brazilian Rain Tree won the people’s choice award in 2015.
Workshop participants will learn the history of the Brazilian Rain Tree in the US, how to prune, design, and care for their bonsai.
Attendee Cost: $75 per student
Duration: 10am – 2pm. Please arrive a few minutes early.
Included with Workshop:
- Experienced instructor
- Free NEBG membership card
- Refreshments & snack (water, soda, chips)
- Bonsai tools, soil, and wire to support the class
What’s NOT included:
- Bonsai Tree. Participants have preferences (small tree, large tree, indoor, low light, etc). Allowing participants to select their own tree works best.
- Bonsai Pot: Same as the tree, participants have color and shape preferences. It’s not included but we have thousands of pots to choose from.
Attendee Per Class: 10.
Location: Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Class will cover care instructions, the elements of bonsai style and design, watering your bonsai, and more.
Upon completion of the bonsai basics workshop, participants will go home with their own beautiful bonsai, complete care instructions and the knowledge and confidence to keep it thriving.