- Bring Your Own Bonsai (July 22, 2017)
Bring Your Own Bonsai Class
We all make excuses to just work on our trees at home, but a workshop at NEBG taught by a seasoned professional like John Romano will help you hone your skills to address the unique needs of your bonsai. So, come visit NEBG, bring your bonsai, and learn from John on how to address those needs. In this workshop, you’ll work with John on any applicable seasonal tasks, whether that be repotting, pruning, and/or wiring. In addition, John’s expert eye will help you plan a path for the future development, style, and health of your tree.
Attendee Cost: $30 per student
Duration: 2pm - 5pm. Please arrive a few minutes early.
Skill Level: This is an intermediate level class designed to help you refine techniques learned in the basics class and apply those techniques to your bonsai. John will evaluate your bonsai’s progress, even if it’s one you buy the day of the workshop, and work with you on any seasonal tasks, including wiring, repotting, and pruning.
Included with Workshop:
- Experienced instructor - John Romano
- Refreshments & snack (water, soda, chips)
- Bonsai tools, soil, and wire to support the class
What’s NOT included:
- Bonsai Tree. Bring your own and specimens are available for purchase in our greenhouses if you do not already have a bonsai for this workshop.
- Bonsai Pot: Same as the tree, participants have color and shape preferences. It’s not included but we have thousands of pots to choose from.
FAQs and Comments
- What are we covering in this workshop?
- Evaluation of your tree’s health to determine appropriate techniques
- Techniques and seasonal tasks that apply to your bonsai
- Expert guidance from John Romano to determine future work and direction of your bonsai
- Depending on the health of your tree, certain techniques are used while others are avoided. John will help you determine what is appropriate.
Attendee Per Class: 10.
Location: Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Class will cover care instructions, the elements of bonsai style and design, watering your bonsai, and more.
Upon completion of the bonsai basics workshop, participants will go home with their own beautiful bonsai, complete care instructions and the knowledge and confidence to keep it thriving.