Bonsai Basics Workshop (Saturday - August 20, 2022)
Have you always wanted your very own bonsai tree, but don't know where to start? Are you concerned about buying a tree without knowing how to keep it alive and happy? If so, we have the perfect workshop for you!
Our Bonsai Basics Workshop hosted right here at New England Bonsai (In Bellingham, MA), is designed to give bonsai beginners all the information they need to grow a happy, healthy bonsai tree.
1. You will have a wide selection of beginner trees to choose from. We have the luxury of growing our trees at our greenhouse in Florida which gives our students a diverse collection of trees to select from.
2. We have a proven format. We teach over 500 students each year and our instructors are highly regarded in the world of bonsai. You can be assured you will receive an excellent experience along with the knowledge needed to start this great hobby.
You'll come away with full confidence to keep your tree, train it, and turn it into a beautiful addition to your home that you'll cherish for years.
The workshop will cover:
- The Art of Bonsai
- Personalized Tour of the Bonsai Greenhouses
- Help with selection of trees and pots you’ll work with
- The basics of bonsai care: soil, fertilizer, watering, and pruning
After touring the greenhouse, selecting your tree and pot, the fun begins. The instructor will help you transform, transplant, trim, and prune your tree. after a couple of hours, you’ll get to go home with an awesome bonsai tree you know how to care for.
Teacher: Joel Mullen
All workshops are led by one of our bonsai experts. We provide some of the happiest and healthiest bonsai trees, and we love to share our knowledge!
Attendee Cost: $35 per student + the cost of your chosen bonsai and pot. Tools, soil, and other instruments will be available for you to use.
Duration: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. If you arrive a few minutes early, you'll have more time to enjoy the nursery!
Class size: 6 students
Location: 914 S. Main Street, Bellingham, MA, 02019
Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop.” It’s right behind our retail store – you can’t miss it.
COVID-19 Update: We are following all Massachusetts rules and regulations with regards to COVID-19. Distancing and mask-wearing will be followed. For safety reasons, we cannot provide snacks and refreshments but feel free to bring your own.