Bonsai Basics II: Design Workshop (Sunday - August 28, 2022)
In our Basics 2 program we will help you through the next steps of your bonsai journey. Whether it’s wiring, styling, pruning, an in depth repotting, or any other technique that you’re interested in we will guide you through it.
Each class will revolve around the trees that each student brings in as well as the tasks each tree requires. Most classes will have a mix of tropical, deciduous, and conifer species that all students can learn from.
We will only work on healthy trees that have not been repotted in the last 2 months. Depending on your tree species and the time of year, we may not be able to do certain tasks.
If there’s something specific you’re interested in learning but are unsure if it’s the correct time of year please email us and we will gladly guide you in picking out what trees to bring.
You should bring as many trees as you'd like to work on, but time should allow for at least 2.
Attendee Cost: $35 per student
Duration: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Please arrive a few minutes early.
Included with Workshop:
- Experienced instructor - Peter Olson
- Bonsai tools, soil, and wire to support the class
What’s NOT included:
- Bonsai Tree: Bring your own or choose one from our selection.
- Bonsai Pot: This workshop will not include transplanting. We do offer thousands of pots to further the design plan of your Bonsai.
**Attendees Per Class: 6
Location: 914 S. Main Street, Bellingham, MA 02019 - Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Class will cover care instructions, the elements of Bonsai style and design, wintering your Bonsai, and more.
- Upon completion of the bonsai basics workshop, participants will go home with their own beautiful bonsai, complete care instructions and the knowledge and confidence to keep it thriving.
Covid 19 - We are following all rules and regulations with regards Massachusetts requirements on Covid-19. The class sizes have been reduced to 6. Distancing and mask wearing will be followed.
Unlike previous years we will not be providing snacks and refreshments but feel free to bring your own.