Bonsai Basics Workshop (Spring 2022)
This hands-on workshop is the best class for a beginner. Come with your enthusiasm and open mind, and leave with a beautiful Bonsai and the confidence and knowledge to keep it alive. If you have been wanting to learn about Bonsai but are uncertain how to go about it- this class is for you.
Our bonsai basics workshop will take you through all the steps of turning an ordinary nursery plant into a beautiful bonsai tree. You will go home with a bonsai tree that you made as well as the knowledge needed to care for it.
Growing bonsai trees is often portrayed as a near impossible feat, suitable only for the most advanced plant experts. By using the proper trees, pots, and horticultural care growing bonsai can be as easy as growing any houseplant.
With our experienced instructors and small class sizes we will guide you through all of the intimidating procedures to grow and maintain your trees. Repotting, pruning, styling, watering, and fertilizing will all be explained in this in depth and hands on workshop.
Attendee Cost: $35 per student
Duration: 2 Hours - TBD
Included with Workshop:
- Experienced instructor(s)
- Bonsai tools, soil, and wire to support the class
What’s NOT included:
- Bonsai Tree: Participants have preferences (small tree, large tree, indoor, low light, etc). Allowing participants to select their own tree works best. We have hundreds of Pre-Bonsai
- Bonsai Pot: Same as the tree, participants have color and shape preferences. It’s not included but we have thousands of pots to choose from.
**Attendees Per Class: 6
Location: 914 S. Main Street, Bellingham, MA 02019 - Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Class will cover care instructions, the elements of Bonsai style and design, wintering your Bonsai, and more.
- Upon completion of the bonsai basics workshop, participants will go home with their own beautiful bonsai, complete care instructions and the knowledge and confidence to keep it thriving.
Covid 19 - We are following all rules and regulations with regards Massachusetts requirements on Covid-19. The class sizes have been reduced to 6. Distancing and mask wearing will be followed.
Unlike previous years we will not be providing snacks and refreshments but feel free to bring your own.