- Peter Keane Grafting Workshop (March 24, 2018)
Peter Keane Grafting Workshop (March 24, 2018)
Whether you’re looking to enhance your bonsai’s nebari, add a branch in the perfect spot, or combine the strengths of two different trees, we all eventually must turn to grafting. While this may seem like a daunting task for many bonsai enthusiasts, grafting specialist Peter Keane will teach you the ins and outs of establishing healthy and beautiful grafts.
Under Peter’s close instruction and guidance, students will first learn the different methods they can use to graft bonsai. After a thorough review of these methods, students will then work on their own bonsai. Like most bonsai tasks, the type of grafting is seasonally dependent.
About Peter Keane:
Peter Keane is a bonsai enthusiast and bonsai grafting teacher. He studied bonsai design at Colin Lewis' Ho Yoku School of Bonsai and with other bonsai artists over the years. Peter has been grafting bonsai for ten years, and the methods he uses to create or improve bonsai vary according to the season and needs of the tree. His bonsai creations have been displayed several times at the National Exhibition in Rochester, NY as well as the New England Bonsai Gardens members’ exhibition, the New England Flower Show, and the Topsfield Fair. Peter teaches grafting techniques to bonsai clubs throughout the Northeast and resides in the metro Boston area.
Duration: 10AM – 2PM
Included with Workshop:
- Experienced instructor: Peter Keane
- Refreshments & snacks (water, soda, chips)
- Bonsai tools for use
- We will have grafting knives, but if you have your own, please bring it
What’s NOT included
- Bonsai Tree: Specimens are available for purchase in our greenhouses if you do not already have bonsai for this workshop
- Grafting material: Juniper whips are also available for purchase
- Bonsai Pot
FAQs and Comments
- What are we covering in this workshop?
- Instruction on different grafting techniques
- Evaluation of your tree's design for best branch placement
- Expert guidance from Peter Keane
Max # Attendees: 8
Location: Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.