Shohin Bonsai Soil
This professional grade bonsai soil uses the best ingredients available to create a healthy growing medium for your Shohin bonsai. The ingredients are sized for your Shohin tree.
- All ingredients have been sifted to remove dust and carefully blended:
- High Quality 'two line' Akadama. This is premium akadama from Japan that we consider the best medium for water retention, aeration and root development.
- Western US lava rock. A hard yet very porous particle to enhance drainage and water rentention.
- Pumice. Used by many as an ingredient for potted soil mixes and used often in the bonsai trade
Since there is no organic component in this mix, you will need to feed your trees appropriately (re: regularly and aggressively!).
This soil allows you to vary your fertilizer depending on the species/development of your trees. Over watering is hard to do with this mix. It has been tested and used by many professionals who can attest to its efficacy throughout the US. Shohin Blend is what the Kaikou School of Bonsai Students use.
- Triple-Sifted Hard Akadama
- Red Lava Rock
As ALWAYS, all our soils are Hand Mixed, Dried, and Bagged.