Bonsai Basics II: Design Workshop (Spring 2022)
In our Basics 2 program we will help you through the next steps of your bonsai journey. Whether it’s wiring, styling, pruning, an in depth repotting, or any other technique that you’re interested in we will guide you through it.
Each class will revolve around the trees that each student brings in as well as the tasks each tree requires. Most classes will have a mix of tropical, deciduous, and conifer species that all students can learn from.
We will only work on healthy trees that have not been repotted in the last 2 months. Depending on your tree species and the time of year, we may not be able to do certain tasks.
If there’s something specific you’re interested in learning but are unsure if it’s the correct time of year please email us and we will gladly guide you in picking out what trees to bring.
You should bring as many trees as you'd like to work on, but time should allow for at least 2.
Attendee Cost: $35 per student
Duration: Two Hours. Please arrive a few minutes early.
Included with Workshop:
- Experienced instructor(s)
- Bonsai tools, soil, and wire to support the class
What’s NOT included:
- Bonsai Tree: Participants have preferences (small tree, large tree, indoor, low light, etc). Allowing participants to select their own tree works best. We have hundreds of Pre-Bonsai
- Bonsai Pot: Same as the tree, participants have color and shape preferences. It’s not included but we have thousands of pots to choose from.
**Attendees Per Class: 6
Location: 914 S. Main Street, Bellingham, MA 02019 - Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Class will cover care instructions, the elements of Bonsai style and design, wintering your Bonsai, and more.
- Upon completion of the bonsai basics workshop, participants will go home with their own beautiful bonsai, complete care instructions and the knowledge and confidence to keep it thriving.
Covid 19 - We are following all rules and regulations with regards Massachusetts requirements on Covid-19. The class sizes have been reduced to 6. Distancing and mask wearing will be followed.
Unlike previous years we will not be providing snacks and refreshments but feel free to bring your own.