Our 100% Guarantee & Returns
New England Bonsai Gardens has sold tens of thousands of Bonsai trees and accessories since 1987, and nothing is more important to us than our products, our reputation and our customer’s satisfaction.
It’s because of this commitment to our customer’s happiness that we offer a variety of Satisfaction Guarantees on all items purchased from New England Bonsai Gardens.
Non-Specimen Bonsai (Trees Under $100)
- We guarantee all non-specimen Bonsai for 30 days, whether you purchase them instore or online. In the event that you purchase your tree online, we can guarantee that the tree will ship healthy, but weather and shipping services can have an impact on the condition your Bonsai arrives in. If there are any issues upon your tree’s arrival, PLEASE contact us immediately so we can intervene and do everything we can to save the Bonsai.
Specimen Bonsai (Trees $100 and Above)
- We guarantee all specimen Bonsai will ship from our facility in peak health. Specimen trees are one-of-a-kind and because of their unique nature our ability to replace them is extremely limited. If you have ordered a specimen tree from us and it arrives damaged, you must contact us within 24 hours of receipt. After that time, any health problems or damage to the tree are considered the buyer’s responsibility. We strongly urge any customer purchasing a specimen tree from us to review our care instructions for their breed to ensure it thrives in their care. We guarantee that all specimen Bonsai arrive healthy and true to name. Please note that once a tree leaves our nursery, weather and shipping services can have an impact on the condition your Bonsai arrives in. If there are any issues upon your specimen tree’s arrival, PLEASE contact us immediately so we can intervene and do everything we can to save the Bonsai. Insurance is ALWAYS purchased.
We spare no effort in seeing your bonsai tree shipped with the best possible chance of reaching you alive and well. Prior to shipment, we will:
- Water your bonsai. It is thoroughly watered to ensure it has plenty of moisture during transit.
- Secure your bonsai. The pot is securely wrapped and taped up, both to protect the tree as well as to help hold in moisture.
- Package your bonsai. We ship our bonsai trees in large corrugated boxes that leave room for the tree on all sides.
- Add extra security. Unless we feel it will potentially harm a fragile tree, we add packing peanuts around the tree. This provides shock protection, as well as helping to insulate it during shipment
If you should ever receive a tree or other plant from New England Bonsai Gardens that’s been damaged or appears sick upon opening the box, we’ll do whatever it takes to make the situation right. Take a picture of the damage, and contact our customer service. If necessary, we will replace the tree, the pot, or any other damage done. It is vital you do this immediately. For the best customer service, please do not wait to contact us if the tree, its pot, or other items are damaged upon receipt
We also carry a wide range of tools, soils, additives, and other accessories intended to improve the quality of your bonsai experience. Unless otherwise noted, these qualify for our full satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with a non-living item you purchase from New England Bonsai Gardens, we will replace or refund your purchase no questions asked if you:
- Return the item in the same condition in which you received it.
- Include the packing slip with the “reason for return” section completed, and
- Return the item within 30 days of the shipment date.
Refunds exclude gift wrapping and other service charges, as well as shipping & handling unless a shipping error occurred.
We do carry a few items which cannot be returned unless they were damaged in transit or there was a mistake in your order. These include:
- Autographed books
- Customized items like corporate gifts
- Gift cards
- Opened fertilizer, pesticides, pastes, or soils.
Yoshiaki & Tinyroots Tools
- We off an industry leading 3-year guarantee for manufacturer defects (warranty excludes general wear and tear)
For specific question pertaining to our Satisfaction Guarantees, please give our Customer Service team a call at 508 883 2842 or contact us via email at email@example.com.