- Refund Policy
What is your purchasing, cancellation, and refund policy for workshops or courses?
Here's our policy for purchasing, cancellations, and refunds. It applies to workshops organized at NEBG. Please read, understand and agree to all policies before registering for an NEBG Workshop.
To pay for a seat in a workshop, click the "register now" button and use a credit card. If you prefer to call us, that’s ok, but it’s much easier to secure your seat using our online registration process.
If You Cancel:
It can happen. Unexpected circumstances come up. We want to be as fair as possible. However, to ensure that participants learn during our workshops, class sizes are limited.
If you provide NEBG with notice of your cancellation..
- At least 7 days before the workshop date, we will provide you with a full credit to attend a future workshop – same workshop, if available.
- If you cancel less than 7 days before the start of the workshop, you will receive a credit to attend a future workshop, less a 25% handling fee.
- If you cancel on the day of the workshop, you will receive a credit to attend a future workshop, less a 50% handling fee. For one-day events, notification must be received by 9 a.m. For multi-day events, notification must be received by the end of the first day.
- If you cancel after the first day, your cancellation will result in no credit of any kind and your tuition will be forfeited. Notification must be received by 9 a.m. for one-day events, and by the end of the first day for multi-day events such as 4-day workshops.
- If you choose not to attend, for whatever reason, without notification to NEBG before the start date of the event, your tuition fee is subject to full forfeiture.
Note: Some workshops are exclusive. Meaning, they’re hosted by an invited guest and not repeated. Others are specific to a tree species and may also not be repeated.
If you find it necessary to cancel for any reason, please make sure that you notify us. All credits expire one (1) year from the date that they are issued.
You may substitute another person in your place instead of cancelling. Call or email as soon as possible with any substitution requests.
If We Cancel:
Occasionally we find it necessary to cancel a workshop. NEBG reserves the right to cancel events for any reason, including inclement weather (see below). If NEBG makes the decision to cancel a workshop, we will use the contact information you have provided to us to inform you.
If NEBG cancels, participants will be provided a choice of:
- A full refund;
- Transfer to another, upcoming workshop date and location (space permitting);
- Credit toward a future workshop. (Please note that all credits expire one (1) year from the date that they are issued.)
Before the workshop begins, you may substitute another person in your place. Call or email as soon as possible with any substitution requests.
If there is severe weather, participants should call ahead to confirm that the workshop is still going to run. If we cancel on account of weather, we’ll contact you using the information you have provided to us, and we will put an announcement about the closure on the registration page of our website.
If you decide not to attend the workshop due to weather conditions, but the workshop has not been cancelled by us, it is important that you call or email as soon as possible to let us know. You will be entitled to receive a credit that can be applied for one (1) year from the date it was issued towards future training only if you notify us before the start of the workshop.
I want to attend the same workshop on a different date.
No problem. If there's still space available in the workshop you want to transfer to, we'll move you there. If no space is available, we'll refund your registration as described above.
I want a colleague to attend the workshop in my place.
Please let us know through email. For most workshops, it's best to make this change at least two weeks before the event so the new participant has a chance to do any necessary pre-work.
The latest we can transfer your registration to a colleague is one day before the beginning of the workshop. Please give us both your name and email address and the name and email address of your replacement.