This Open Workbench is part of our Summer Celebration. It's Unique because Jun, Tyler, and Phil will be hosting it. You get THREE bonsai experts to help. And i'm sure you'll see a lot of other volunteers.
This is a non intimating open workbench. HOWEVER, Participants should have some Bonsai experience, such as a Bonsai Basics workshop, and you should bring your own tree(s). Whether it is fine tuning or a complete overhaul, work on your trees under the watchful guidance of THREE experts. Tools provided
Attendee Cost: $35 per student
Duration: 10:30am – 1pm
Included with Workshop:
- Experienced instructor- Jun Imabayashi, Tyler Sherrod, AND Phil Hobkirk
- Refreshments & snack (water, soda, chips)
What’s NOT included:
- Bonsai Tree: Specimens are available for purchase in our greenhouses if you do not already have bonsai for this workshop. You are encouraged to bring your own tree to this workshop.
- Copper wire: We will not include copper wire in this workshop, but students can bring their own if they want to wire their conifers with copper.
- Wire, soil or supplies. Everything you need will be available for purchase and you are welcome to bring your own supplies.
Location: Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Class will cover care instructions, the elements of bonsai style and design, wintering your bonsai, and more.
* Note: For new Memberships, discounts apply to future purchases.