Bonsai Basics II: Styling & Design Workshop (April 15, 2023)
The Basics II workshop is designed for beginner (slightly intermediate) Bonsai enthusiasts who have already completed the Bonsai Basics I workshop or have some fundamental knowledge of Bonsai.
This workshop requires students to bring their own Bonsai trees and focuses on enhancing the skills learned in the basics program.
The instructor, who is an experienced Bonsai professional, will provide guidance and support as students work on their trees, covering topics such as wiring, pruning and styling, and creative design elements. Each student will receive personalized feedback and advice from the instructor.
Learn and enhance your skills in a fun learning environment, while taking your Bonsai journey to the next level.
Requirements for the Workshop Include:
- Completion of Bonsai Basics or some fundamental knowledge of Bonsai.
- Ability to bring a Bonsai tree - tropical, deciduous, or conifer species.
- Healthy trees that have not been repotted in the past two months.
If there’s something specific you’re interested in learning, but are unsure if it’s the correct time of year, please email us! We will work together to choose the right dates for your trees and techniques.
What’s Included in the Workshop:
- Tools, soil, and all other necessary instruments will be available for you to use.
What’s NOT Included in the Workshop:
- Coral / lava Rocks, for example, are available for purchase for root-over-rock styling.
- Trees will be available to purchase but we strongly suggest bringing in your own trees.
- Ceramic Pots. We have plenty of pots available.
About the Workshop & Location:
- Attendee Cost: $35 per student + the cost of your chosen tree and pot.
- Duration: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. If you arrive a few minutes early, you'll have more time to enjoy the nursery!
- Limited Class size: 8 students.
- Location: 914 S. Main Street, Bellingham, MA, 02019. Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop.” It’s right behind our retail store – you can’t miss it.
- Refreshments Available: We have refreshments available for sale (Soda, Water, snacks).
- Bathroom: There is a portable washroom at the facility, starting March 1st.
** All sales are final. No Refunds will be given on workshops provided by New England Bonsai Gardens