Black Or Red Pine Styling Workshop with Pete Olson (October 07, 2023)
This is a Bring Your Own Japanese Black / Red Pine workshop. It is a hands-on educational workshop focused on the art of styling, and caring for Japanese pines bonsai .
Here's what you can expect from Pete Olson's workshop:
- Introduction to Black & Red pine bonsai: Participants will learn about the characteristics and cultural requirements of pine trees, including light, water, and soil needs.
- Wiring techniques: Participants will learn how to use wire to shape and style black and red pine bonsai trees.
- Styling and design: Participants will learn how to design and create aesthetically pleasing black and red pine bonsai trees.
- Care and maintenance: Participants will learn how to care for pine bonsai trees, including how to fertilize, water, and protect them from pests and disease.
Most workshops are hands-on, allowing participants to work on their own bonsai trees and receive guidance from an experienced instructor. These workshops can be a great way for bonsai enthusiasts to learn new skills, meet other bonsai enthusiasts, and improve their bonsai trees.
This workshop requires students to bring their own Bonsai trees and focuses on enhancing the skills learned in the basics program. However, we do have Red and Black Pines Available at the nursery (for sale) if you do not have one to bring.
The instructor, who is an experienced Bonsai professional, will provide guidance and support as students work on their trees, covering topics such as wiring, pruning and styling, and creative design elements. Each student will receive personalized feedback and advice from the instructor.
Learn and enhance your skills in a fun learning environment, while taking your Bonsai journey to the next level.
Requirements for the Workshop Include:
- Completion of Bonsai Basics or some fundamental knowledge of Bonsai.
- Ability to bring a Bonsai tree - Black or Red Pine.
- Healthy trees that have not been repotted in the past two months.
What’s Included in the Workshop:
- Tools, soil, and all other necessary instruments will be available for you to use.
What’s NOT Included in the Workshop:
- Coral / lava Rocks, for example, are available for purchase for root-over-rock styling.
- Trees will be available to purchase but we strongly suggest bringing in your own trees.
About the Workshop & Location:
- Attendee Cost: $45 per student + the cost of your chosen tree
- Duration: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. If you arrive a few minutes early, you'll have more time to enjoy the nursery!
- Limited Class size: 8 students.
- Location: 914 S. Main Street, Bellingham, MA, 02019. Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop.” It’s right behind our retail store – you can’t miss it.
- Refreshments Available: We have refreshments available for sale (Soda, Water, snacks).
- Bathroom: There is a portable washroom at the facility, starting March 1st.
** All sales are final. No Refunds will be given on workshops provided by New England Bonsai Gardens