This is a One Of A Kind Old RoR Kingsville Boxwood
I say a Real Kingsville Boxwood in the title because a lot of folks see dwarf boxwoods as Kingsville. Similar, and it may be difficult (or impossible) to see the difference. However, there are growers that develop and sell Kingsvilles. This is one of those trees - and it was from the Tim Shoup Collection that NEBG purchased.
The Kingsville Boxwood Bonsai is a small evergreen tree that is native to Japan. It is a popular choice for bonsai enthusiasts due to its attractive, dark green leaves, small size, and the fine texture of its foliage.
The Kingsville Boxwood bonsai is a slow-growing tree. Its leaves are oval-shaped, with a glossy, dark green color and a slightly wavy edge. The tree has a dense, bushy growth habit, which makes it ideal for bonsai cultivation.
To care for a Kingsville Boxwood bonsai, it is important to provide it with well-draining soil and plenty of sunlight. The tree should be watered regularly but not excessively, and fertilized during the growing season. Pruning and wiring can also be used to shape the tree and encourage growth in certain areas.
One of the key features of the Kingsville Boxwood bonsai is the delicate, small leaves, which make it well-suited to the formal upright, informal upright, and slanting bonsai styles. The tree can also be trained into a cascade or semi-cascade style, which is particularly attractive when paired with a shallow bonsai container.
Overall, the Kingsville Boxwood bonsai is a beautiful and unique tree that can make a stunning addition to any bonsai collection. Its delicate foliage and bushy growth habit make it a popular choice for bonsai enthusiasts who are looking for something that is both elegant and refined.
The tree was repotted spring 2023..
About The Tree
- Height: 13" tall, measured from the table to the top of tree.
- Spread: 12"
- Pot: 7" glazed ceramic Yixing pot.
- Photographed on May 02, 2023
- Ships from our Massachusetts Nursery
The Tree(s) you see are the tree(s) you'll receive.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the NEBG.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery. We will Hold Your Tree Until It is Safe to Ship.
*** This is an expensive Bonsai. We've likely been watering, fertilizing, pruning, and weeding this tree for a long time. Once this tree leaves our facility, watering, fertilizing, etc is beyond our control. If you buy this bonsai, we assume you're a responsible person and that you know what you are purchasing. THEREFORE - The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that NEBG makes no warranties once the Product leaves our nursery. All One-Of-A-Kind Trees are listed AND sold “as is”. Sales are considered final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered in any instance. NEBG assumes no responsibility for the health and welfare of the products after they leave our nursery. Please ask care questions prior to buying, if you are unsure.