One-Of-A-Kind Shimpaku 'Kishu'
Juniper Shimpaku 'Kishu' is a type of juniper tree that is known for its beauty and unique characteristics. It is often used in bonsai cultivation because of its small size and ability to withstand frequent pruning and shaping.
The tree was styled in November 2022 and potted into our Premium Bonsai Soil (Akadama, Pumice, and Lava) in February 2023. It's the trees first styling (it's been wired in the past to twist the trunk) and it's filling in nicely. This tree is ready for it's forever home.
Its attractive foliage is why people love Kishu, although some prefer the Itoigawa. To a novice, they are difficult to distinguish, but we have both. Shimpkau, in general, has small, needle-like leaves that are arranged in whorls around the branches, giving it a dense and compact appearance.
In Japanese culture, bonsai cultivation is a revered art form that requires patience, skill, and attention to detail. The Shimpaku Kishu is one of the most popular trees used for bonsai cultivation, and it is prized for its beauty and ability to evoke a sense of tranquility and balance.
Overall, Shimpaku bonsai is a great tree that combines beauty, hardiness, and cultural significance. Whether you are a bonsai enthusiast or simply looking for an attractive and low-maintenance tree for your garden, the Shimpaku is definitely worth considering.
Please ask questions prior to purchasing.
About the Tree:
- Height: 9" from Table to Top of Tree
- Spread: 5"
- Pot: 4.5" Ceramic Pot
- Tree Photographed May 02, 2023
- Ships from our Massachusetts Nursery
IMPORTANT: We Can NOT ship Junipers to California. It's a USDA State Regulation
The Tree you see is the tree you will receive.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery. We will Hold Your Tree Until It is Safe to Ship.
*** This is an expensive Bonsai. We've likely been watering, fertilizing, pruning, and weeding this tree for a long time. Once this tree leaves our facility, watering, fertilizing, etc is beyond our control. If you buy this bonsai, we assume you're a responsible person and that you know what you are purchasing. THEREFORE - The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that NEBG makes no warranties once the Product leaves our nursery. All One-Of-A-Kind Trees are listed AND sold “as is”. Sales are considered final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered in any instance. NEBG assumes no responsibility for the health and welfare of the products after they leave our nursery. Please ask care questions prior to buying, if you are unsure.