Black Pine Grove Workshop with Phil Hobkirk (April 24, 2021)
Learn and practice the creation of a forest planting using Black Pines. Black Pine is known in bonsai as the king of trees thanks to it's almost ideal natural characteristics, and is renowned for it's beauty as it ages. Lead by Phillip Hobkirk, students will design and build groves using seedling Black Pines, and will learn the skills to grow and care for their creation for years to come. Students will be able to pick trees and pots to create the size and scale of their preference.
Previous experience is recommended such as a Bonsai Basics Workshop.
- Attendee Cost: $45 per student
- Duration: 10am – 4:00pm. Please arrive a few minutes early.
- Experienced instructor (Phil Hobkirk)
- Bonsai tools, soil, and aluminum wire to support the class
What’s NOT included:
- Bonsai Tree: Participants have preferences (small tree, large tree, indoor, low light, etc). Allowing participants to select their own tree works best. We have plenty of Pre-Bonsai (starting at $9.90)
- Bonsai Pot: Same as the tree, participants have color and shape preferences. It’s not included but we have thousands of pots to choose from.
Location: 914 S. Main Street, Bellingham, MA 02019 - Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Class will cover care instructions, the elements of Bonsai style and design, wintering your Bonsai, and more.
Covid 19 - We are following all rules and regulations with regards Massachusetts requirements on Covid-19. The class sizes have been reduced to 6. Distancing and mask wearing will be followed.
Unlike previous years we will not be providing snacks and refreshments but feel free to bring your own.