Kishu Shimpaku Juniper Workshop (Sunday, July 25, 2021)
Take the first steps to creating yourself a gnarly looking juniper tree. Look above at some of the trees you will be able to select from!
We were recently able to acquire some really cool Kishu Shimpaku Junipers from Mark Comstock and were thinking of the best way to utilize these trees.
John Romano's name instantly was discussed and when asked if he would like to hold a workshop he did not hesitate to say yes.
John is our resident shohin master and has been specializing in shohin sized trees for decades
We know this is very last minute but don't miss out.
What to Expect:
In this workshop you will receive one of our newly acquired 6 year old Kishu Junipers. These have been grown by master grower Mark Comstock. With tons of interesting branch choices, beautiful flared nebari, and nice compact foliage these trees are truly special.
The quality of the trees combined with John Romano’s instruction means that you will walk away from this class with a gem of a tree.
- Attendee Cost: $100 per student
- Duration: 10am – 1pm. Please arrive a few minutes early.
- Experienced instructor (John Romano who is considered the king of shohin)
- (1) Kishu Shimapku Juniper - 6 Year Old
- Bonsai tools, soil, and wire to use in class
- Bonsai Pot: Same as the tree, participants have color and shape preferences. It’s not included but we have thousands of pots to choose from.
Location: 914 S. Main Street, Bellingham, MA 02019 - Unless otherwise specified, all students should meet in the greenhouse labeled “Workshop”. It’s right behind our retail store – you won’t miss it.
Covid 19 - We are following all rules and regulations with regards Massachusetts requirements on Covid-19. The class sizes have been reduced to 8. Distancing and mask wearing will be followed.
Unlike previous years we will not be providing snacks and refreshments but feel free to bring your own.